What kind of houses do you have?
We have all kinds of family homes (large and small), villas, bungalows, state houses, minor dwellings, granny flats, classrooms, architecturally designed, 2 storey, office blocks and lunchrooms.

What areas do you service?
We are a Waikato based company and we serve as far North as Auckland, Whangarei, Kerikeri, Kaitaia, and as far south as Palmerston North, Levin, Hastings, Dannevirke. Please don’t hesitate to enquire with us no matter where you are based as we are more than happy to quote the job for you. Please call 027 496 5641 or email [email protected]

What do I need if I am thinking of buying a house for removal?
You’ll need to have a piece of land before you start looking for relocatable houses. You will need to make sure there are no covenants that prevent removable houses being re-sited onto your land. You will also need a copy of the title. You will need finance that covers the entire cost of the house, including permits, removal costs and finishing work.

What do I need to consider when I’m looking at removable houses?
Make sure you consider the size of the house in relation to boundary. Consider also how the house will sit on your site to face North. Over which rooms will the sun rise and fall?
Make sure it will meet your family’s current and future needs. If you’re in doubt about its structural soundness, asbestos or drug-free status, call an expert to check it out and provide you with a full report.

Will I need a builder to finish off my house once it arrives?
You will need a builder to reinstate any chimneys and fireplaces, or to ‘make good’ the hole where a fireplace has been removed. You’ll also probably want a builder to reinstate base boards around the base of your house to cover the gap between the ground and the floor. And if your house has been cut for moving, you will need a plasterer to tidy up the cut line through your gib-board, ceiling and walls.
What other costs might I need to include in my budget?
You will likely be required by your Council to obtain…
• A geotechnical report. This identifies the stability of your land.
• A stormwater report that identifies how wastewater will be managed on your property.
• A sewerage report provided by a plumber/drain-layer if your property has a septic tank.
• A copy of your title. You can purchase this from the Council.
• And you will need to pay for your building consent application once we’ve prepared it.

Do you buy houses?
Absolutely! Please call our Sales Manager on 027 496 5641 or email [email protected]
We are buying houses every day. We are also happy to give you an estimate of a house value or an estimate of shifting costs for an existing house.

Do you do On-Site relocations?
Yes, we do. If you are looking to sub-divide your section or move another house on as a second dwelling, we are more than happy to assist with your on-site relocation. Call 027 496 5641 or email [email protected]

Do you move buildings from one site to another?
Yes, we do. If you are looking to build new but can’t bring yourself to sell your old family home, we are more than happy to help you relocate it to another piece of land. Please call 027 496 5641 or email [email protected] to enquire.

My house is sinking on one side. Do you re-pile houses?
Yes, absolutely. Give us a call on 027 496 5641 or email [email protected] with some information and we will get one of our experienced team members out to do a site inspection and provide you a quote to have the job done.

We are unsure of the Building Consent Process. Do you have someone who can help us?
Yes. We have 2 exceptional architects that would be happy to assist you with your council consent process. They will liaise with you directly as the client, and they will take care of the council on your behalf. Both the architects and Prestige Building Removals will be there for you every step of the way.

Will we need specific insurance cover for our home? Can you help us with this?
Yes. There are 2 types of cover you will need to have in place for your relocatable home throughout your process with us. We are more than happy to provide you with the information you need to understand how each policy works, and we can organise the covers on your behalf.

Do you have your houses tested for Methamphetamine?
No, not all our houses have been P-tested. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure a house is not contaminated, we recommend that potential buyers get a laboratory level methamphetamine test done as part of their due diligence prior to purchase for ultimate peace of mind.

What does the price of the building include when purchased from PBR?
Our listed prices include the price of the building, delivery within 100km of the building’s current location to an accessible site, re-piling on standard NZ3604 concreted house piles. Sometimes there are buildings that will be listed at a price of the building only, with the relocation being charged separately once we have a new site. All of our listings clearly state what is included in the purchase price. All prices are subject to a site inspection.

What if I have more questions?
Give us a call on 027 496 5641 or send us an email to [email protected] any time. We are more than happy to help.

Prestige Building Removals has two main key ingredients: highly skilled staff and state of the art equipment to ensure that your valuable building is transported in a professional manner. All work guaranteed.


+64 7 849 0698


and get latest news & update

2020 – Prestige Building Removals Ltd. All rights reserved.

Carefully crafted by Button Digital



terms & conditions